Keremeos Fire Destroys Home
An early morning fire on Wednesday has destroyed a home in the 300 block of 2nd ave in Keremeos.
Firefighters were called to the blaze at 5:20 AM and when they arrived they dealt with flames and explosions.
Keremeos Fire Chief Jody Bosscha says crews managed to get the fire under control quickly but the home has been destroyed.
"First in crews tagged the fire from a distance until they found out what was causing the explosions. It appears we had a large propane tank in the basement that was venting."
There are no reports of any injuries and the owners of the home, who live in Alberta, have been notified.
Anita Sthankiya -Penticton